Thursday 19 February 2015

Three Good Things - Positive Focus




As a bit of a social media freak, I view a lot of social media content. Some I use more often than others, but for all of them even if I don’t enjoy adding my own stuff I enjoy looking at others, and sometimes they’ll create a spark of an idea for me.

One lady whose pages I love is Karin Joyce, who throws herself into life with such enthusiasm and gusto that I think of her whenever I need some oomph to get done what I have to get done. A while ago, I did a photo challenge set by Karin, which was embracing her hash tag #3GoodThings and at the end of each day selecting my favourite photograph from the day, and noting three good things that I’d experienced. The idea was simple – it could be a small good thing, like finishing a cup of tea while it was still hot, or a bigger good thing, like having a great day out somewhere, or an accomplishment of some kind. Focussing on three good things in a day for the length of time I did the challenge – half term last year – really helped me focus my mind on the positive, and so I felt better in myself than I had done in a long time.

I’ve had a lot going on recently and in amongst it all somewhere I’ve started to stumble again, despite the good things happening in my life right now my brain seems wired to dwell on the bad, so I’m going to follow Karin’s current photo challenge - #3GoodThings for 40days. A lot can happen in 40 days, so I’m hoping to be able to achieve the entire length of the challenge and re-wire my brain into thinking positive again and finding that happy medium between euphoria and devastation.

So, Karin, if you’re reading this, thank you for the inspiration!

And to everyone else, why not give it a go? Instagram your images with the hashtag #3GoodThings to participate too.


~ My 3 Good Things Photo for today is a photo of my parents cat. He spent most of this afternoon asleep on this chair as it was raining, and he doesn't like being outside in the rain. I love how chilled and lazy he looks. Ah, the life of a cat! ~

~ 1 ~ Got some work done. OK, it wasn't as much as I'd have liked, but still, I got some work done.
~ 2 ~ Nice chat with my aunt Z and cousin J. Shame I won't get to catch up with them on this visit, but there'll be the Easter holidays before we know it!
~ 3 ~ Lovely bedtime stories and cuddles with J. I read that many people don't read their kids bedtime stories and I was saddened. I love bedtimes, its my time to devote to J and for bath, stories, chats and lots of cuddles and kisses. To this day when he falls asleep playing with my hair it makes my heart melt just like it did the first time. That time is so precious, he won't be this young again, so I treasure it dearly.




Mummy P xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment