Wednesday 19 February 2014

Vauxhall Corsa - Definitely a Family Friendly small car

I’m  very impressed with the Vauxhall Corsa. For such a small car I have never had an issue fitting a variety of carseats in it.

Nanan used a Maxi-Cosi FamilyFix base with Maxi-Cosi Pebble carseat, fitted with IsoFix, when J was little. When he grew out of the Pebble, he used the Maxi-Cosi Pearl on the FamilyFix base. When the 2wayFix base and 2wayPearl was launched, allowing ERF to 105cm, we successfully fitted that instead. (in ERF position with no loss of front seat passenger space)

Maxi-Cosi 2wayFix base with 2wayPearl in RF position fitted to Vauxhall Corsa 2012


Yesterday she came to visit and take J out for the day but she had been unable to bring her carseat with her. Instead, I did a physical fit of our Maxi-Cosi Opal in the car instead, and it was not only a good fit but it was remarkably easy to fit – I remember it being a lot more awkward with my old car (a VW Polo) and I always put that down to the size of the car but the Corsa is considered a small car and it was easy to fit.

Maxi-Cosi Opal fitted to Vauxhall Corsa 2012


With the imminent arrival of the newest family member just weeks away, Nanan wanted to take the Maxi-Cosi EasyBase 2 and Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix home with her in order to deliver to the parents-to-be in advance of baby arriving. The easiest way of transporting both items in her car was for me to fit them, which I did – and again, another great fitting. It’s simple and straightforward with the EasyBase 2 and CabrioFix combination anyway, that’s why I had it for J, but it was so quick and easy to do in the Corsa.


Well done, Vauxhall – this small car is definitely family-friendly!

Vauxhall Corsa - A Family Friendly small car. I've never had an issue with fitting any carseat I've tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment